Won't you try a taste of Deez...

8:36 PM / Posted by Robert /



As you must imagine... I'm feeling pretty good after Michigan's upset victory over the Fighting Irish and the Chippewa's last second steal at MSU. What else would you expect me to do after a great afternoon of football but to find some new music to keep the mood rolling through the night?

Tonight, Darwin Deez has stepped up to the plate with his refreshing and instantly infectious indie pop sound. I admit I haven't heard much from this guy... but what I have immediately piqued my interest. This talented, charmingly simple hipster manages to take the decidedly discouraging, even vindictive, lyrics of Bad Day and join it with a catchy, delectable beat for a match made in indie pop heaven.

Radar Detector is lyrically Bad Day's polar opposite. It's a brilliant metaphorical expression of Darwin's adoration for a new flame.

"it's only been a week
but i know that you are mine to keep"

Darwin Deez's sound is refreshingly simple and enjoyable. I only wish I would have discovered it before summer was pretty much done. Though, in all honesty I kind of appreciate the fact that I haven't heard Darwin Deez on any nationally televised commercials or over the pa in the mall. There's something delightfully old school to be said about indie rock that stays... well... independent. Enjoy... and if this leaves you wanting more you can purchase the whole album, darwin deez.

bad day


radar detector


deep sea divers

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment